Back to Results
Location: Columbus, OH
Voted 2019 top work places by Columbus CEO, CareWorks Tech has been delivering technology solutions that drive result for more than 20 years. As your advocate, the common thread across our associates is crafting the right tech-savvy solutions. Whether it’s IT Consulting, Infrastructure Services, Security, Enterprise Service Management or Interactive, we’re all about finding solutions that advance your career aspirations. Our ongoing client relationships and our proven experienced leadership, speak to our long-term collaborative partnerships. This gives our associates the opportunity to work with a large, diverse group of high-profile clients across a variety industries.
Job Description: The Department of Developmental Disabilities is re-aligning the technical architecture for continuous deployment and cloud-based services. This effort is to rebuild the current infrastructure starting with the networking and supporting software to upgrade The SAS Medicaid Billing System (MBS). Architecture and integration services are needed to provide a stable and reliable MBS solution for our business and community partners. The Architect will assist in leveraging Business Capability Modelling artifacts and facilitate Business and IT Strategic planning in collaboration with application support Managers and Senior Leadership for the SAS MBS solution. Architectural guidance will be defined and utilized for the new SAS environment and new projects to technical and application standards are applied.
In addition, this individual will conduct research, technology evaluation and tool comparison and operationalize modern technology and application standards. The SAS Administrator shall provide implementation support on MBS focusing in the areas of installation, configuration, security, data management, system integration, and user interface; and must have a strong knowledge of SAS products for participation in design and implementation of complex solution architectures; participate in design process; ability to relate technical concepts to SAS System applications and user needs and oversee the technical progress of ongoing services.
- Provide strategic consultation to business and IT management and aligning technology with strategies as well as in researching, internally marketing and enabling the use of standard technologies based on customer requirements including but not limited to SAS, Azure, SharePoint, Dynamics 365, TFS, and other third-party solutions.
- Create IT Strategies and guidelines by collaborating with subject matter experts across different IT teams
- Provide architectural input and technical consultation services to implement SAS, Linux/AIX and other third-party tool strategies and guidelines in projects
- Participate in business opportunity identification and business innovation portfolio development by conducting research, leveraging emerging technologies and adhering to market trends.
- Participate in enterprise architecture development, including business architecture, information architecture, application portfolio and technical architecture and create models to drive informed business and IT decisions.
- Assess near-term needs, using structured interview processes, to establish business priorities; consult with technical subject matter experts and develop alternative technical solutions; advise on options, risks, costs vs. benefits, and impact on other business processes and system priorities.
- Conduct informal learning sessions for the organization on developed strategies and cutting-edge technologies
- Collaborate with other IT functional areas to remain apprised of project status, and inform LOB customer management of progress; conversely, keep ITS technology and service managers aware of key LOB customer issues, identifying and resolving potential problems and conflicts.
- Facilitate development of cross-LOB (enterprise) solutions that combine knowledge of business processes and issues, general technological options, and process facilitation techniques.
- Facilitate and drive Business and IT Strategic Planning discussions with Senior Leadership, Business Managers and subject matter experts ensuring alignment with organization’s goals and objectives.
- Partner with IT staff and technology experts to create IT Strategy, establish technology standards and guidelines.
- Partner with business and technology experts to understand business requirements, analyze market trends, conduct technology evaluation and comparison analysis and provide recommendations to senior leadership
- Maintain a holistic view of the organization’s strategy, processes, information and technology assets.
- Skills and experience in architecting standards and technology configurations supporting SAS, DevOps, systems monitoring and overall change management.
- Serve as an on-site SAS Administrator;
- Perform SAS setup, configuration, installation and administration of SAS Application Management;
- Document data management and security management;
- Implement security management;
- Participate in detailed design sessions for complex SAS solution;
- Document and implement integration with core systems as necessary;
- Collect, document and implement backup and recovery plan for business continuity;
- Establish proactive monitoring and analytics reporting for the production environment;
- Implement change management and versioning methods for managing source code, library configurations and SAS datasets.
- Develop standards and migration procedures;
- Implement a continuous integration strategy and train DODD staff;
- Implement automated and continuous testing;
- Technical writing leveraging Word, PowerPoint, Visio and similar tools
- Experience developing strategic technology plans and roadmaps, including business capability planning
- Ability to present and communicate both business and technical concepts
- Experience leading efforts to create technology solutions and architectures impacting critical areas of the business
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups
- Ability to establish and maintain a high-level of customer trust and confidence.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills; ability to create original concepts and theories for a variety of projects.
- Ability to think critically and solve problems
- Demonstrated technology skills across multiple IT domains (e.g. application, security, infrastructure)
- Strong consultative skills at a cross-functional level
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information systems or related discipline, or equivalent and extensive related project experience; Master’s degree preferred.
- TOGAF Certification or similar framework preferred.
- Seven years of Information Technology experience with a minimum of three in Enterprise Architecture role.
- Ability to present, communicate, architect and lead the SAS implementation
- Training/Certification in SAS is preferred;
- Three (3)+ years of experience configuring SAS and providing administration for SAS applications;
- Seven (7)+ years of Information Technology experience;
- Five (5)+ years of experience with Linux/AIX platform experience;
- Experience in change management and version methods to manage source code;
- Experience in disaster recovery planning for business continuity;
- Minimum of five years of hands-on design and implementation experience in IT, with knowledge in a minimum of two of the following technical disciplines:
- Application development
- Mobile design
- Network design
- Servers and storage
- Database management
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
Thank you for considering CareWorks Tech for your next career opportunity.
CareWorks Tech provides a wide variety of challenging opportunities, ensuring our associates work in highly sought-after environments and with the latest innovations in technology. We start our relationship with a conversation about your career goals, and work hard to match you with the perfect opportunity. The world of IT is continuously changing, so we know the importance of keeping your skills sharp. As part of your continued growth, we’ll provide you with opportunities for training and development to help you stay ahead of the curve. In addition, we provide a comprehensive benefits package.
CareWorks Tech | Strategically-Led Technology Solutions
5555 Glendon, CT
Dublin, OH 43016
The CareWorks Tech is committed to providing career opportunity and growth to all Associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability.