Back to Results
Location: Columbus, OH
Voted 2019 top work places by Columbus CEO, CareWorks Tech has been delivering technology solutions that drive result for more than 20 years. As your advocate, the common thread across our associates is crafting the right tech-savvy solutions. Whether it’s IT Consulting, Infrastructure Services, Security, Enterprise Service Management or Interactive, we’re all about finding solutions that advance your career aspirations. Our ongoing client relationships and our proven experienced leadership, speak to our long-term collaborative partnerships. This gives our associates the opportunity to work with a large, diverse group of high-profile clients across a variety industries.
Job Description: The Department of Developmental Disabilities is re-aligning the technical architecture for continuous deployment and cloud-based services. This effort is to rebuild the current infrastructure starting with the networking and supporting software and migrating applications to the new Salesforce Architecture as well as integrate with Microsoft Dynamics 365 platform. The architect will also create the complete application lifecycle management for Salesforce, upgrade from TFS to Microsoft Azure DevOps, and support the SharePoint cloud environment. The Architect will assist in leveraging Business Capability Modelling artifacts and facilitate Business and IT Strategic planning in collaboration with application support Managers and Senior Leadership. Architectural guidance will be defined and utilized for the new Salesforce environment and new projects to technical and application standards are applied. In addition, this individual will conduct research, technology evaluation and tool comparison and operationalize modern technology and application standards.
Scope of Activities:
- Provide strategic consultation to business and IT management and aligning technology with strategies as well as in researching, internally marketing and enabling the use of standard technologies based on customer requirements including but not limited to Salesforce, Azure, SharePoint, Dynamics 365, TFS, Flosum, and other third-party solutions.
- Create IT Strategies and guidelines by collaborating with subject matter experts across different IT teams
- Provide architectural input and technical consultation services to implement Salesforce, Azure, Dynamics 365, TFS, Flosum and other third-party tool strategies and guidelines in projects
- Participate in business opportunity identification and business innovation portfolio development by conducting research, leveraging emerging technologies and adhering to market trends.
- Participate in enterprise architecture development, including business architecture, information architecture, application portfolio and technical architecture and create models to drive informed business and IT decisions.
- Assess near-term needs, using structured interview processes, to establish business priorities; consult with technical subject matter experts and develop alternative technical solutions; advise on options, risks, costs vs. benefits, and impact on other business processes and system priorities.
- Conduct informal learning sessions for the organization on developed strategies and cutting-edge technologies
- Collaborate with other IT functional areas to remain apprised of project status, and inform LOB customer management of progress; conversely, keep ITS technology and service managers aware of key LOB customer issues, identifying and resolving potential problems and conflicts.
- Facilitate development of cross-LOB (enterprise) solutions that combine knowledge of business processes and issues, general technological options, and process facilitation techniques.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Facilitate and drive Business and IT Strategic Planning discussions with Senior Leadership, Business Managers and subject matter experts ensuring alignment with organization’s goals and objectives.
- Partner with IT staff and technology experts to create IT Strategy, establish technology standards and guidelines.
- Partner with business and technology experts to understand business requirements, analyze market trends, conduct technology evaluation and comparison analysis and provide recommendations to senior leadership
- Maintain a holistic view of the organization’s strategy, processes, information and technology assets.
- Skills and experience in architecting standards and technology configurations supporting DevOps, systems monitoring and overall change management.
- Skills and experience in Salesforce, Cloud services, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Dynamics 365, and SharePoint to enable digital business transformation and provide guidance for modernization efforts.
- Technical writing leveraging Word, PowerPoint, Visio and similar tools
- Experience developing strategic technology plans and roadmaps, including business capability planning
- Ability to present and communicate both business and technical concepts
- Experience leading efforts to create technology solutions and architectures impacting critical areas of the business
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups
- Ability to establish and maintain a high-level of customer trust and confidence.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills; ability to create original concepts and theories for a variety of projects.
- Ability to think critically and solve problems
- Demonstrated technology skills across multiple IT domains (e.g. application, security, infrastructure)
- Strong consultative skills at a cross-functional level
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information systems or related discipline, or equivalent and extensive related project experience; Master’s degree preferred.
- TOGAF Certification or similar framework preferred.
- Seven years of Information Technology experience with a minimum of three in Enterprise Architecture role.
- Minimum Two (2)+ years of experience configuring Salesforce.
- Salesforce architect certification preferred.
- Training/Certification in Microsoft Azure DevOps;
- Experience in implementing and use of Splunk, GIT, Jenkins, Docker and similar tool sets;
- Five (5)+ years of experience with Microsoft Azure;
- Three (3) + years leading and/or performing implementations of DevOps in Microsoft Azure;
- Four (4)+ years of experience with Microsoft SharePoint.
- Experience in multiple versions of Microsoft TFS;
- Minimum of five years of hands-on design and implementation experience in IT, with knowledge in a minimum of two of the following technical disciplines:
- Application development
- Mobile design
- Network design
- Servers and storage
- Database management
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
Thank you for considering CareWorks Tech for your next career opportunity.
CareWorks Tech provides a wide variety of challenging opportunities, ensuring our associates work in highly sought-after environments and with the latest innovations in technology. We start our relationship with a conversation about your career goals, and work hard to match you with the perfect opportunity. The world of IT is continuously changing, so we know the importance of keeping your skills sharp. As part of your continued growth, we’ll provide you with opportunities for training and development to help you stay ahead of the curve. In addition, we provide a comprehensive benefits package.
CareWorks Tech | Strategically-Led Technology Solutions
5555 Glendon, CT
Dublin, OH 43016
The CareWorks Tech is committed to providing career opportunity and growth to all Associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability.