Location: Columbus, OH
Voted 2019 top work places by Columbus CEO, CareWorks Tech has been delivering technology solutions that drive result for more than 20 years. As your advocate, the common thread across our associates is crafting the right tech-savvy solutions. Whether it’s IT Consulting, Infrastructure Services, Security, Enterprise Service Management or Interactive, we’re all about finding solutions that advance your career aspirations. Our ongoing client relationships and our proven experienced leadership, speak to our long-term collaborative partnerships. This gives our associates the opportunity to work with a large, diverse group of high-profile clients across a variety industries.
Job Description: BWC is looking for a TS3 to support implementing a Data Lake, Operational Data Store and Data Marts for Business Reporting. Data sources will include a variety of Relational Databases and Semi-structured data. Both ETL and ELT jobs will be designed, developed and tested to move data from these sources into the analytical databases Snowflake and Vertica. These jobs will be built with Denodo Data Virtualization software, SQL and python. Experience with Denodo is a plus but not required.
During a given day, this position will be expected to:
• Work with Business Analysts and potentially business customers to verify requirements
• Follow design documents involving source and destination databases
• Interpret design documents to understand mapping and transformational requirements
• Design, develop and test ETL/ELT processes using Denodo/SQL/Python to move data to/from relational and star-schema based data structures.
• Optimize ETL/ELT processes to fit in a desired time frame
• Build batch flows with an Enterprise Batch Scheduler
• 10 or more years of experience in design, development, modification and testing of ETL processes
• 10 or more years of experience developing with SQL
• 10 or more years of experience building ETL processes using SQL/Python and/or ETL tool experience (such as Denodo, Pentaho, Informatica, IBM InfoSphere DataStage, Talend)
• 5 or more years of software development experience with Relational databases (i.e. Oracle, SQL Server, DB2)
• 5 or more years of experience developing ETL processes against dimensional/star-schema based data structures including fact tables (commonly referred to as Kimball).
• Experience developing and modifying ETL/ELT processes
• Experience with MPP Databases (Snowflake, Vertica, TerraData, Netezza)
• Experience scheduling ETL processes
• Experience with Cognos/Tableau business intelligence tools.
• Experience developing against normalized data structures (commonly referred to as Inmon)
• Knowledge of property and casualty insurance systems
• Knowledge of Ohio business model and processes
• Experience using SQL Development Tools
• Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
• Experience developing and modifying scripts in a Linux or Unix environment
• Experience in measuring and tuning the performance of batch systems in a Linux or Unix environment .
• Skill in the use of organizational tools & methods (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, VISIO, Clarity)
• Ability to quickly adapt to changes, enhancements, and new technologies
Thank you for considering CareWorks Tech for your next career opportunity.
CareWorks Tech provides a wide variety of challenging opportunities, ensuring our associates work in highly sought-after environments and with the latest innovations in technology. We start our relationship with a conversation about your career goals, and work hard to match you with the perfect opportunity. The world of IT is continuously changing, so we know the importance of keeping your skills sharp. As part of your continued growth, we’ll provide you with opportunities for training and development to help you stay ahead of the curve. In addition, we provide a comprehensive benefits package.
CareWorks Tech | Strategically-Led Technology Solutions
5555 Glendon, CT
Dublin, OH 43016
The CareWorks Tech is committed to providing career opportunity and growth to all Associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability.